World Masters Track Championship training
2016 Schedule now available, see below
Track time is available for visiting riders in advance of the official training for the WMTC.
The National Cycling Centre are running sessions for riders wishing to train on Manchester Velodrome prior to the event, between 26th & 30th September 2016.
Where possible we ask that you register with our website, where you can check session availability and book your sessions directly using our online booking system. Sessions appear on this system from 28 days before they're due to take place (e.g. 28th September will be bookable from 1st September).
To confirm your space on a session further in advance, you will need to book by telephone, having registered online first.
Some riders outside of the UK may not be able to register onto our database on line, where this is the case you will need to book by telephone.
WMTC entrants who wish to book by telephone need to complete and return this registration form below:
Please email the form back to NCCadmin@eastlandstrust.org
Please allow 48 hours for us to register you as a customer, and you can then book training sessions by calling +44 161 223 2244 then choosing option 3.
There will be 3 sessions types, as follows:
|WMTC Open||1hr Coach Supported Track Familiarisation Session, no strucutred efforts and no gates. Your chance to spin your legs and get a feel for your bike on the boards.||£20|
|WMTC Efforts||2hr Coach Led Structured Session allowing Efforts for riders, content based on needs of riders in attendance||£25|
|WMTC Gates||1hr Coach Led Gate Starts only||£25|
Schedule: September 26th to 30th 2016
|Day||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Monday 26th||1.00pm - 2.00pm
|Tuesday 27th||9.00am - 10.00am
|1.00pm - 2.00pm
|Wednesday 28th||1.00pm - 2.00pm
|Thursday 29th||12.00pm - 1.00pm
|4.00pm - 5.00pm
|8.00pm - 10.00pm
|Friday 30th||1.00pm - 2.00pm
|2.00pm - 4.00pm
|5.00pm - 7.00pm
|7.00pm - 8.00pm
All the above sessions are priced as listed, and due to demand must be booked and paid for in advance.
- For all UK or overseas riders; you must be registered on our customer database by registering online at nationalcyclingcentre.com/register or completing and returning the form as detailed above.
- We expect a good level of track craft, and any rider not meeting our training criteria will be asked to leave the session.
- WMTC Efforts Sessions will have 2 Velodrome coaches present, who will manage the various requests and efforts. WMTC Gates Session will also have 2 Velodrome coaches present.
- Please advise the coaches of your coaching outcomes for the session on arrival.
- All the sprinters must sit together in the riders D, and make themselves known to each other, so all sprint efforts can be done on a timely basis, with sprinters rolling round the dark blue!
- The specific gate start training sessions are limited to 16 riders, these are for entrants to practice their standing individual or team starts and gate starts. Teams must provide their own holders. Participants in this session can take the opportunity to practice 1/4 lap and 1/2 lap effort drills from the start gate. No other endurance/ sprint efforts are provided on this session.
- WMTC may be holding their own official training session before competition starts on Saturday 1st October, NCC Reception do not take bookings for this, riders must book on through WMTC officials/organisers. If there are any queries on this on the day WMTC organisers will be present in the permanence office.
- The WMTC then commences on Saturday pm on 1st October to Saturday 8th October.
- On the online booking page look for the following type of options:
We hope you enjoy your visit to the National Cycling Centre and wish you good luck in your races.