Manchester BMX Club
Manchester BMX Club was established in 2008, just prior to the new BMX track opening at Platt Fields Park, Fallowfield.
Since the club was founded, we have held numerous rounds of the British BMX National Series, North Region rounds and regular Summer and Winter series club races. The club races are a great way to be introduced to BMX racing, with categories specifically for Novice riders.
Club Sessions and Prices:
The club hold sessions all year round on:
- Saturday afternoon at Platt Fields from 3pm to 6pm
This session is open to both members (costs £2.00) and non-members (cost £3.00)
- Thursday evening from 7pm to 9pm
This session is only for members of Manchester BMX Club and costs £4.00 per rider. (We are at the NCC over winter, and back outdoors in the spring).
You do not need to book onto these sessions, please just turn up and ride.
The club offer a progressive coaching system to guide riders from beginner/novice levels through to expert abilities.
- Novice / Beginner Coaching – this is held on a Saturday from 1pm to 2pm and is open to anyone. It is managed by the NCC and is under the NCC pricing structure. This is currently from £2.50 for a Manchester resident aged under 16, up to £5.00 for a non-Manchester adult, plus £1 bike hire.
- Intermediate Coaching – this is held on a Saturday from 2pm to 3pm. This is aimed at riders who have progressed from Novice and are looking to ride at Regional level, although it is also open to expert level riders. This is currently from £2.50 for a Manchester resident aged under 16, up to £5.00 for a non-Manchester adult, plus £1 bike hire. You will be able to access the club session after coaching.
- Expert Coaching – this is held on a Tuesday evening and is for Manchester BMX Club members who ride at expert level for Manchester BMX Club at Regional/National level. To progress to this level, you will be invited by the club’s Head Coach.
The club has grown from its early days of having around 60 members to over 350, and this number is growing all the time. We welcome new members all year round. There is no age limit, all we ask is that you can ride a bike standing up (although to race you must be past your 4th birthday). Membership runs on a calendar year (January-December) and the prices are:
- £5.00 for riders aged 15 and under
- £10.00 for riders aged 16 and under
- £15.00 for family membership – where you all live at the same address