These sessions are for riders aged 2-5 years old.
Our sessions are run by two members of the National Cycling Centre team, at least one of which is a British Cycling Level 2 BMX specific qualified coach. They will deliver a coached session focussing on fun for your little one. The sessions can be adapted to each individual child’s needs making it easier or harder as required.
At the start of each session, the coach will ask if anyone is new and if necessary advise that the parent/guardian stays on the flat area with their child until their confidence has grown. All parents/guardians are encouraged to help their child if they need it and we find that the best results come when parents/guardians are fully engaged in the process with their child.
At Platt Fields, there will be certain areas on the track that will NOT be used on Balance Bike sessions such as the Start hill.
Balance Bike session details:
- Dates: Every Saturday Morning
- Time: 9:00am - 10:00am
- That is included: Coaching, access to the world class track, bike and safety equipment if needed.
- What a session involves: Riding, skills sessions and small races.
- Cost: £3.60 (Mcr resident); £4.00 (Non-Mcr resident).
- What to do: Book in advance to avoid disappointment by calling reception 0161 223 2244 (option3)